A limited number of travel awards will be available to presenters and participants of the 2016 National Working Forum: Managing Poplar and Willow for Environmental Benefits and the Renewable Fuels Industry. The travel awards are intended to cover the cost of accommodations, airfare, ground transportation, and meals. Complementary registration may also be available to some participants. Selected travel award recipients will be reimbursed up to $500 after attending the forum.
Travel awards are available to select presenters and panelists at the poplar and willow forum. If you are presenting and would like to be reimbursed up to $500 for your travel related costs including accommodations, airfare, ground transportation, and meals, please indicate your request by contacting Betsy Fradd (email@example.com) by February 29, 2016. It is not necessary for presenters and panelists to submit an application for a travel award. Paperwork for reimbursement will be given to you in Portland during conference registration. Presenters and panelists that have not submitted abstracts by March 1 are not eligible to receive a travel award.
To apply for a participant travel award submit a brief description of your background; past, current and/or future interests in poplar and/or willow for bioenergy and environmental benefits; and your genuine financial need for the award. Please limit your application to 350 words or less and include name, organization, and contact information. Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 29, 2016.
Travel Award Committee members will review the applications based on merit. Review criteria will include an assessment of the applicant’s enthusiasm for poplar/willow bioenergy, financial need, and timeliness of the application submission. Award notifications will be made in early March.
Travel Award Restrictions:
The forum is being organized by Washington State University. Please see WSU Travel Requirements outlined below:
- All airfare must be submitted as roundtrip from your home city/state and Portland.
- If you want/need to combine this trip with a stop somewhere else you must submit a sample roundtrip airfare and a justification why you need to make the side trip.
- The airfare cannot be more than standard coach.
- Your hotel costs will only be reimbursed up to $169 a night (before taxes). Rooms are available at the Benson for the forum. More information is available on the forum website http://hardwoodbiofuels.org/poplar-willow-forum-venue/. Please take advantage of the special conference rate at the Benson.
- Original receipts must be submitted for everything except meals.
- Reimbursement can only be made to individuals.
- Reimbursements for international airfare is not available.
- Reimbursements for travel costs will be awarded at the discretion of WSU Conference Management and the FORUM Travel Award Committee.